Alma 29:9
" I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Monday, August 1, 2016

Kjaere alle sammen!  I’ve got much to report this week but first I want to give a nice shoutout to Sabrian Humas for the amazing postcards and letter!  I loved it and it was fun to receive my fist letter here in Asker.  Thanks again!  Alright well I wanted to start off with my highlight of the week which happened this past Tuesday.  Søster Petersen and I were able to be reunited with some old companions for a day, which we call splits. Søster Petersen got to work with Søster Smith who she had served with in Trondheim.  I got to be reunited with Søster Bender who was my trainer in Ålesund.  It was not only a way fun experience but also a very spiritual experience.  Both Søster Smith and Søster Bender will be returning back to the states at the end of this transfer and both are very amazing, seasoned missionaries.  We were able to learn a lot from the both of them and just reminisced on old times.  We started out the day with them the same way we start everyday out here in the mission, with studies.  WOW.  These girls have learned a thing or two from 18 months in Norway serving the Lord.  Their spiritual insights and comments made for an amazing discussion about the difference between the Holy Ghost and the Light of Christ (which we would be discussing later on during our district meeting).  I have really come to love those 3 hours every morning where we get to study personally as a companionship, and really dive into the deep discussions on gospel topics and the wonderful language of Norwegian.  I hope to continue to take time everyday to study in the scriptures or inspired text and come closer to my Savior.  After studies we headed to district meeting where we had another wonderful discussion.  We usually end our meetings by practicing a missionary skill and this time we were asked to pick a scripture and apply it to those we teach.  Søster Petersen and I got paired up with Eldste Sanchez and dang was that practically perfect.  He had picked a scripture and taught a principle that I, Søster Blankmeyer, really needed to hear.  Even though I was acting as someone else, the message that was taught really had an impact on me and I was able to ponder what he was saying and even used that message later on with an investigator.  I am so lucky to be in this district and be able to learn from my fellow missionaries.  Søster Bender and I were able to teach one of our new investigators on the power of prayer and that was a fun lesson.  It was fun to be able to teach with Søster Bender again, but this time I was the one leading out the lesson.  The lesson went great and the Spirit was definitely there as our investigator was able to feel te truth of what we were teaching and even began to cry.  I was so thankful for the comments and insights that Søster Bender brought to the lesson and I will never forget our last lesson together in Asker, Norway.  We ended up hitting the streets after our lesson and had planned to meet up at the church and switch companions so that I could have a chance to learn from Soster Smith and Søster Petersen could learn from Søster Bender.  We met up at the church and were planning on switching when a member invited us all over for dinner.  Needless to say, we all ended up heading to the members house together.  She had invited over a couple other members and so we were able to sit and talk and eat some delicious food.  It was very fun.  Søster Smith and I had to come up with a spiritual thought to share with these members before we headed home and quickly had splits review and took these lovely sosters to the train station.  I remembered a passage of scripture that I had read recently in the Book of Mormon on miracles being wrought by faith.  We decided to share that and it ended up being exactly what everyone present needed to hear.  It was actually way cool because the net day we got a text from one of the members thanking usfor the spiritual thought.  She said it really hit her.  Once again just the spirit working thourgh us missionaries.  We had a lot more amazing times this week but my favorite was getting to spend time with my trainer before she heads back home.  She was also very sweet and continued to compliment me on all the progress I had made since my first 6 weeks as a missionary.  That was sweet.  I just wanted to end this post with a simple testimony that I know this church is true.  I know that we have a loving Father in Heaven and that He wants nothgin but the best for us.  I am so grateful for the knowledge I have on my Father in Heaven and my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I hope to share that with all the people here in Norway and all around the world.  I love you all.
Love,
Søster Blankmeyer




The moon the other night

Mc Flurry for Søster Petersen's 6 month anniversary.

a members beautiful cat

No comments:

Post a Comment