Alma 29:9
" I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

A big old Heisann to the family and friends back home!










On Monday I went ice skating with my fantastic district. We had a district meeting on the ice. Topic: Learn to skate. (Side topic: How can we relate skating to the gospel? I have no idea, that's why I'm asking you!) Just kidding. We really did spend last Monday up in Arendal (the city of Frozen and frozen ice rinks as well) where the district went ice skating and I, Søster Blankmeyer, also attempted. There wasn't even a wall around the rink for me to hold on to so our District leader, Elder McEntire, along with everyone else in the district decided to help me out. I finally started to figure things out and I am definitely no pro yet but maybe one day. I think we may have began my ice skating career though. Then after a drink of Dr. Pepper we took the bus back to Kristiansand. 

This week as far as missionary work goes was a bit slow seeing as we couldn't contact for like half of the week. We did go caroling though and that was a blast getting to spread the Christmas cheer here in Norway. 

We spent Christmas eve here with a member family and then Christmas day with another member in the ward. We had lots of presents to open bright and early Christmas morning and it was a wonderful Christmas. 





I just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and remind you all how much I love you all. I am so grateful for the endless support I have received from you all. It really means a lot. I am very grateful for the Christmas season and for this time we have to remember Jesus Christ and his birth and how much of a gift it is for us here on the Earth. I have been able to have a wonderful Christmas experience here in Norway sharing that knowledge with others. 

I love you all and hope you all continue to have a wonderful Christmas and holiday season and know I'm sending my love from Norway! 

Klem,
Søster Blankmeyer

Arendal

delicious eats


Birthday cake from Congers



No comments:

Post a Comment