Alma 29:9
" I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

HALFWAY

halfway mark
Søster Davis and Søster Blankmeyer


Well here we are the good old nine-month mark. I am now halfway done with my mission and it's a little bittersweet. I have truly grown to love this beautiful country and the chance I have to serve the people in it. Norwegian is finally starting to make sense and things are looking up. I know I sometimes talk about or even focus on the challenging part of missionary work, but I really do love it and I am somewhat sad that it's halfway over. I am not the same person I was nine months ago and I have truly changed for the better. I have been able to learn so many valuable lessons out here and I truly would not change this experience for anything in the world. As we all know, it has not been an easy ride but it truly has been worth it. 

I think one of my absolute favorite lessons I have learned in these past nine months is that my Father in Heaven is really there. He really listens. He wants to help and most importantly he wants to have a relationship with me. He wants me to come to him for help or if I've had a bad day or even if I've had a great day. He wants me for ME and he really and truly loves me and I know it. I have come to learn of this knowledge these past nine months as I've had to really rely on Him. I love him too. It's something I'll take with me when I return home. Something I will hopefully never forget. I really have been able to learn that so personally and so lovingly and it's been a joy to share that knowledge with the Norwegian people this past nine months and I can't wait to share it more and more here in Norway and throughout my life. I'm so grateful to know that my Heavenly Father loves me and to feel that love in my daily life has been the best.

A close second though is being able to feel the love that Heavenly Father has for his children here in Norway. Tears filled my eyes just thinking about the tremendous love I have been able to feel for these Norwegians which I know is just a small sliver that my Father in Heaven has decided to share with me as one of his servants. It's indescribable. I truly felt how it feels to mourn with those who mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort. I've also been able to feel the joy that comes from someone who chooses to change their life and coming to Christ. It really is the best and I am so beyond blessed to have this opportunity and to see the many miracles along the way. 

I really had a wonderful nine-month mark today full of many miracles as well. This morning we had planned to have district meeting and Søster Davis and I went a little early so I could finish up the "pep reps" pretty soon everyone was there and we were about to start when a man walked in asking if we can help him. Come to find out that he is trying to do family history and not only that, but he's found out through family history that a lot of his family are Mormons. Edste Hadley, Stevens and I proceed to help him and answer all of his questions for the next hour. By the end of it all he says he will come back and we invited him to church. What a way to start off the day. A real nine-month miracle. 

We then had a wonderful district meeting and district lunch and planned our talent for the talent show. Shortly after all of that, we had our second nine month miracle. We had decided earlier that morning that we would try and deliver the banana bread to Magnus again and we had a little extra time before dinner and institute so we thought it would be a perfect time to try again. We walked all the way over to the bank and reach the side with the open door. We decided to just take a peek on the other side where his studio was and see if the lights were on. Sure enough they were. We decided we would try and call him first just in case he was in a lesson or something. We called, nothing. So we decided we would just go for it then. We navigated our way through the old bank and finally found his studio where we heard guitar playing. We were a bit nervous that he was in a lesson but we decided we needed to do it so he knocked on the door. Out came Magness dressed for a Christmas concert with guitar in hand. We were able to talk with him for a bit and he was nothing but smiles. He is a super sweet, super chill guy. Way cool. 

It truly was a miracle that we got that opportunity and remembered to say a prayer of thanks afterwards. We then went to Institute where Rolf taught another amazing lesson on parenting and families. It was just incredible yet again. It did make me miss my parents and family and the never ending love they show towards me.  But I know what I'm doing is the right thing and I really am happy to be doing it. I am happy to be only nine months away from seeing my family again but I know I will miss my brothers and sisters here in Norway. This mission has been the best decision of my life and I'm so grateful that I chose to come and was worthy to do so. I would like to finish with my mission scripture in Alma 29:9   I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.

Klem,
Søster Blankmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment