Alma 29:9
" I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Saturday, July 1, 2017

Nightly Beans





I'm sorry that this blog post is coming a week late. Of course right when I get all caught up I suddenly get behind again. This blog should have been posted the day after Father's Day but now I will just have to wish all the dads out there a very happy late Father's Day!  Thank you all for all you do. Dad's are so important and I'm so glad I have been blessed with the best one. I was thinking about my dad and all he has done for me and my family and all the many things he has taught me over the years one of which being that I am also a daughter of a Heavenly Father who loves me and is there for me. What an important lesson that my dad took the time to teach me and all my siblings.  A lesson that has helped me all throughout my life and especially out here on my mission. That little bit of knowledge is actually one of the first things we share with people as missionaries that they have a loving Heavenly Father who cares for them and wants to hear from them. Just as we might call our fathers when we are in trouble or in need, we must do the same with our Father in Heaven. 

Our Heavenly Father wants to help he wants to hear from us all, the good and the bad, that is going on in our lives. He truly wants to be a part of our lives like any good dad would and he wants to be a part of our lives so that he can help us. He wants to be that shoulder to cry on when we need it or he wants to be that one to give us guidance or direction when we need that. 

At the beginning of this transfer we flew down to Oslo to have our leadership meeting and while there one of the zone leaders talked about how in their zone they have been encouraging companionship's to hold what translates to nightly prayers or “nightly beans” hence the title of this blog post. 

Søster Hutchings and I have decided to participate in those nightly prayers together.  Even though we aren't technically in that zone, but we are seeing the difference it has made. It has not only brought us closer to each other but it has brought us both closer to our Father in Heaven as well. We have been able to see that Heavenly Father hears our prayers and really does answer us as well, whether it be through other people, the Scriptures or many other methods. As we can see our Heavenly Father truly does love us he has given us a way to communicate with him and he has given us ways to receive his answers. He really truly does love us so much. 

This past week I was reading through both my parents and my own patriarchal blessing when it hit me that our patriarchal blessings are basically a fathers blessing to us from our Heavenly Father. How cool is that? No one knows us better than our Father in Heaven and through these blessings he is able to remind us of what we are and who we can become with his help. It's truly beautiful I was thinking about it as well as I was reading through them how kind are Heavenly Father is when talking about us. 

Satan tries and really succeeds sometimes at making us feel terrible about ourselves and can convince us we can never amount to anything. On the flip side though our Heavenly Father our creator reminds us that we are His and that because we are his we have the divine potential to be like him and his son Jesus Christ. It is such a nice thought and feeling to be reminded of that. We truly do have a Father in Heaven who loves us and because he loves us he has given us the opportunity to come to the earth in families. I really am so grateful for my family and for my earthly father as well. I know my earthly parents see the same potential in me that my heavenly parents do and it's really a refreshing feeling to feel all of the support from both sides. 

I am so grateful for prayer and that through prayer I can communicate with my Heavenly Father. And grateful that in his perfect plan he has provided a way to communicate back to me I am so beyond grateful for my earthly family. I really do believe I have one of the best. I can honestly say that I know they are always there for me and at the same time are always willing to show Gods love for me through their words and actions. Although Satan is good at his job my family and God are better and I know that if I work on having a strong relationship with them and I can overcome anything. I am so grateful for that knowledge. I'm grateful that my dad helped me to learn that among many other important aspects of the Gospel. I would be so lost without it. 

I would encourage you all this week to really focus on your relationship with your family and with your Father in Heaven. Maybe if you don't really do so, you can hold family prayers together. I know that can bless your lives. I have seen it blessed me and my family. I am once again grateful for you all and all your support. I really have been blessed with some of the best family and friends out there. I can't say it enough. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I hope you all have a wonderful week and strengthen those important bonds. Love you all.



Klem,
Søster Blankmeyer

Ps Love you so much dad! Happy (really late) Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment