Alma 29:9
" I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Friday, March 31, 2017

The Story Behind The Face



A member was kind enough to share this really cool story with me that he found in the Norwegian Newspaper here that I think relates to this topic I have been discussing this week. It says:

"Imagine the Following: Every morning you get 86,400 dollars in your account from your bank.  You can use the entire amount in one day but cannot save anything.  What you do not use is gone by the end of the day.  But every morning when you wake up you have another 86,400 dollars in your account for the new day.  Unfortunately the bank can also close your account at anytime without notice.  They can say, “Game over” -the game ends today.  What would you do?

This game is reality: Everyone of us has a 'magical' bank: TIME!  Each morning we are each given 86,400 seconds of life as a gift.  Whatever time is wasted - it’s gone, gone forever. But every morning the account is refilled.  What do you do with your 86,400 seconds?  (taken from a story by Marc Levy)

Do not be anxious for tomorrow! 

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your Heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. 
Matthew 6:25-34 

Scripture translated into English from the Norwegian Bible:
"I tell you: Do not be anxious for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor for the body what ye shall clothe you with.  Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air!  They sow not, they reap not, or gather into barns, but your Father in Heaven feeds them. Are you not worth more than they? Who is not more valuable than they are?  Who of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?  And why are you worried about clothing?  Look at the lilies of the field how they grow.  They neither toil or spin yet I tell you Not even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  When God clothes the grasses of the field which grows today and thrown into the oven tomorrow how much more will he clothe you you of little faith.  Therefor do not be anxious saying what shall we eat, or what shall we drink, or what shall we clothe ourselves with.  All this Gentiles seek but your Father in Heaven knows that you need all these.  Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness,  and ye shall receive everything else besides.  So do not worry about tomorrow.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.

How cool is that? We all have this 'magic' bank of time that we have been given every single day and we can use that time for whatever we want. We could choose to sleep the day away (which I'll admit I've done before) or we could choose to use every second that we have been given to help those around us and find out more of the story behind the faces of the people we meet. The Spirit will help us to know how we can use this time and as long as we are using that time to help out our fellow men it will never have gone to waste. Our guest speaker from Drammen ended his talk by saying that if we are using our agency to make those decisions to help out our brothers and sisters we will never be making the incorrect decision. 

We all have the potential to be an answer to another person's prayer. I know I have had many experiences in my life where my friends or family or even strangers have used those precious seconds we have been given to help me and they always knew exactly what to say thanks to the 'magic' of the Holy Ghost.

I've been really blessed in my life to be surrounded by such amazing people as you all and I'm forever grateful that you all would take the time to figure out my story. I am thankful that you love me as my Heavenly Father does and have taken time to answer my prayers through your presence. Thank you for being a part of the 'magic'. I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you continue to use those seconds to figure out the story behind the face.


Klem,
Søster Blankmeyer





No comments:

Post a Comment