Alma 29:9
" I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Moves and Miracles







All right Fam, well another transfer has come and gone. I'm happy to report that I will be staying in Tromsø for this upcoming transfer. However, every companionship in the district has changed to our surprise. We will be getting a new district leader as well as a completely new Elder up here in Tromsø and I will also be getting a new companion Søster Etchells. This past week we received a new senior couple the Miller's. This should be an exciting transfer for sure. I'm excited though. 

Tromsø just got hit with three brand-new Missionaries and a brand-new Missionaries always come with miracles. Speaking of brand-new Missionaries my daughter (on the mission the first companion you train is your daughter) Søster Love is going to be training this next transfer! This is going to be great. 

This last week was pretty crazy though. We have been helping the Miller's get adjusted to life as a missionary here in Norway and it's been a blast. I remember back a year ago when I came to Norway and had absolutely no idea what was happening. Let's just say the Millers are doing a lot better at adjusting than I was. I'm impressed. Also Sister Miller plays the piano and so she has taken that job over which is a nice break for me. They really are doing great and although Eldste and Søster Olsen were very much loved and dearly missed I know this branch is in good hands. I'm sure by the time I leave Tromsø the Millers will have it all under control. For now though I'm here to help when I can. 

On Friday here in Tromsø we usually go with Lil a member here and The senior couple to visit one of our dear investigators across the bridge. Usually the Olsons would come and pick us up at around 10:30 and then we would drive together to Lils apartment to pick her up and then we would make our way over the island and over the bridge and at our investigators house by 11:00 now that doesn't sound all that difficult until it's blizzarding outside and you're supposed to give directions to the new senior couple which has no idea where they are going and you can't even see like a foot ahead of you due to snow. Needless to say we ended up going the wrong way and got just a little bit lost. But thanks to Eldste Miller's sick driving skills we ended up making it safely to our investigators house just on time. It was quite the adventure but the best part occurred as we were lost on our way to this appointment. 

Now I mentioned earlier that brand-new Missionaries bring miracles and I don't know if this miracle directly relates to them but they were driving us when our phone started ringing. This past Friday we didn't have any appointment set up other than the one that morning. While driving to our one appointment one of our other investigators who we had been trying to get an appointment with decided to give us a call. She asked us if we were busy right now and we had to tell her we were on our way to an appointment but that we would be off for the rest of the day. She ended up inviting us over for lunch after our appointment that morning. At this point we were pumped to finally be meeting with this investigator when we got another phone call from a number that had not been entered into our phone. I answered it and the woman identified herself as a lady we had stopped on the street about a week ago. We had talked to her a little bit about the church and then gave her our card and told her that if she needed any service or knew of anyone that needed service to give us a call. 

She also asked if we were busy that day. We told her that after our lunch appointment we would love to come and help her out. We ended up having a great day with these three appointments. It was a miracle. We had some really great teaches with our two investigators and then we headed to the university where we were going to do some service for the lady we had stopped on the street. It was actually way cool. This lady is Norwegian but grew up in America and actually graduated from none other then The University of Texas, Austin. Now she is a psychology professor at the University here in Tromsø. She is a really cool lady and even offered Sester Atanasio and I a job back in the United States teaching kids Norwegian. Way cool! Anyway, we ended up helping her move all of her books and stuff from one office to another and it was such a blast. Service is so fun. After we were done working she gave us a way sick tour of the University. Which is way nice actually and then she bought us dinner at this really nice restaurant. She was such a cool lady and I'm excited to help move her back into her new office again after they finish construction. 

We really do get to meet some pretty amazing people here in Norway. Speaking of cool people, my homeboy came to church.

Made my week, well I've got to go since Søster A needs to pack (wasn't expecting that) but I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Klem

Søster Blankmeyer

BONUS
11:20 AM (10 hours ago) 

to Rhoberta  

I asked Atanasio to write my blog for fun as if she were me. This is what she wrote. I wrote my own but do with this what you will. All of these things she wrote are accurate depictions of my week. Blankmeyer the realest
Friends!
x
Blankmeyer

Atanasio wrote
6:42 AM (14 hours ago) 

  To the FAM BAM,

Whoa, buddy I don't know if it is just the time on the mission or what, but President pulled the craziest moves we have ever seen !!! There will be two new sisters areas opening up and some closing and new elders area opening up to, so everyone and there trainers will be moving practically. Søster Atanasio and I are going to be Sister training leaders, basically just means we get to travel around the mission and visit other sisters. we still have a normal Place we are. I will be staying up in Tromsø, but on Wednesday Søster Atanasio will be transfered to Trondheim! I am excited that I still get to chill with my homies here in Tromsø. But I will now be  companions with Søster Etchells, its always a little scary to get new Companions, but I hope for the best you know.

This week has been really interesting with a New Senior couple.  They are pretty funny, it was honestly a little scary to drive with people that aren't use to these Norwegian roads. Life is a journey, you know. I love new missionaries and this district I am in will be filled with them soon. I love new missionaries they bring a fire these old missionaries need to see. and they bring new and thriving faith that brings miracles to the mission and blessings. We call it greenie magic because it is seriously ridiculous how many miracles happen around a new missionary, its going to be great!

It has been snowing a lot this week, it is so beautiful to see the snow even when snowflakes are pelting my eyeballs. It testifies to me when I see the beauty of the cold snowflakes that God took the time to even make the cold beautiful. His hand is every where in my life. I know that the church is true and that God loves me! 
Well I actually don't have a ton of time because Sister Atanasio has to pack. We weren't expecting anything in this move, Wish me luck on this adventure. :)

the realist
Søster Blankmeyer


No comments:

Post a Comment