Alma 29:9
" I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

And Then There Were Two

The Palace in Oslo

Søster Love and Blankmeyer






Well another week has come and gone and now we have reached the ever famous transfer week. Sadly, Søster Love and I will be losing Søster Petersen as she goes to continue the journey that is a mission out in Moss. We are however excited and ready to take on these next six weeks here in Asker. We not only are losing Søster Petersen this transfer but also the assistance to the President are moving from our district to Oslo. We will be going from seven missionaries down to four. We are also partly in charge of taking over some of the assistance investigators, so needless to say we will be kept pretty busy these next six weeks. Although we've been doing a pretty good job ourselves at keeping busy. I'll just give you all a rundown of the this past week. 


Starting with Monday after emailing all of you we went and had dinner, washed the car, went shopping and eventually got ourselves ready to go and visit a less active member of the church. That was a fun visit. This less active member still has a lot of active friends and they invited her to the ward party coming up in October and man was she so excited about that. At this church party there will be a lot of singing and dancing and this less active absolutely loves Michael Jackson so she gave us a little preview of some songs and dances of his that she is hoping she can perform at the party. It was so fun to see her just light up when we got her talking about Michael Jackson and other things she just loves. I think that has been one of my favorite parts of my mission. Getting to talk to people and getting to know them and what makes them happy. It has really been one of the coolest and most rewarding experiences thus far on my mission and I hope I'll be able to have that opportunity for the rest of my mission wherever I end up and hopefully for the rest of my life. I hope that when I come home next year that you all will allow me to come and visit and listen and learn from you because I know each and everyone of you has something I can hear and benefit from. You all are amazing talented people and I can't wait to learn from you. So that was my Monday and what I got from it. 

Tuesday started out great but ended up being a tough day which made our district meeting on Wednesday even more of a learning experience for me. Every district meeting we end with a little role-play or practice of what we were just taught and being a little vulnerable because of a recent trial in my life. I was able to feel as if what was being said was exactly for me and exactly what I needed. It's crazy how that works and I've seen it multiple times in my life where I have seen someone  said something that was exactly what I needed. That just goes to show that God is really there and that he really does hear and answer our prayers. The rest of Wednesday was fantastic. We went and met with a new investigator who is from the great city of Ålesund!  That was way cool to hear someone in Asker speak with the Ålesund dialect that I grew up with in the mission. Way fun I just really do love Ålesund and Asker has been great as well. I'm just so blessed to be able to serve here in Norway.

Thursday and Friday consisted of what we call "first transfer training" soon to be called "first transfer training the best two days" thanks to yours truly. For two whole days all the trainers and their trainees got together with the assistance and President and Sister Hill in Oslo and learn how to be better Trainers. We learned how to be just better Missionaries.  We had a ton of really amazing stations where we learned how to be more effective, use our scriptures and ask better questions or things like that which was really awesome.  I really did learn so much from those but my absolute favorite part was President Hills final remarks. He was talking to us about "becoming a successful missionary"I think what he said could be applied to us as individuals as well. Being successful is all about the commitment we put into whatever it is that we are doing. We need to remember that we can't be successful unless we are willing to give our all and not compare ourselves to others but rather compare our success from where we were yesterday, a month ago or a year ago. We can't compare our weaknesses to other peoples strengths.  Like I said earlier, some of us are just more talented at one thing but we all have our own "things" we are all successful in one way or another and if we are able to just focus on ourselves and our own success then we will be able to prosper. 

Jeg håper ar vialle kan vite omdet. I would just like to end this week with my testimony that I know that our Heavenly Father knows us and loves us. That He really truly does hear and answer our prayers and that He wants nothing more than for us to be happy in life. I am so very grateful that my Heavenly Father loved me and you and everyone enough to send His son, Jesus Christ, to the earth to atone for all of our sins. I am grateful for the opportunity that I have to repent and be better and try and help my fellow brothers and sisters return home because of Him. I would invite you all to go to this link and watch the two minute video  https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2014-00-1420-because-of-him?lang=eng
And become uplifted by the beautiful message.  I love and pray for you all and hope you have a great week. 

Love,
Søster Blankmeyer

No comments:

Post a Comment