Alma 29:9
" I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Dreams Do Come True

So another week has past and our Søster Blankmeyer was so excited about her new area that she forgot to send the blog post on Monday.  She finally sent the blog post, some fun Easter pictures and her NEW ADDRESS:

Søster Blankmeyer
Hillevågsveien 33 #204 
4016 Stavanger, Norway

Wow it's been a crazy week and it's about to be an even crazier one coming up. This past weekend was full of lots of pretty awesome things that I just can't wait to share with you all. After Pday last week Søster Etchells and I went home and started to get ready for our splits to Bergen. Bergen is one of those areas in the mission and honestly in Norway that everyone dreams about being able to go to and visit. I was lucky enough to go from Tuesday to Thursday of last week. Tuesday before we left I received my Easter package and a few letters from my parents and Søster Ralphs I was feeling very loved. We barely had time to run over to the post and grab my packages before we had to run to the airport, so I stuff the letters in my bag and figured I do some good reading on my way to Bergen. Talk about being on cloud nine. I was literally living "The missionary dream". I was headed to Bergen a dream city here in Norway to go on splits with some pretty amazing sister missionaries with a few letters to read on the plane and a big Easter package waiting for me back home. I figured my week couldn't get much better than that, right? Wrong. My week continued getting better and better. Søster Etchells and I knew that we would be having a three hour layover in the Bodø airport on our way back home from Bergen so on our way to Bergen we found ourselves some nice 70 kroner doodle books to entertain us. We were like kids at Christmas when we found those. It was awesome. Soon enough we were on our way to Bergen where we arrived early and were able to catch a shuttle bus to meet up with the Bergen sisters. Pretty soon we were at the very nice Bergen apartment complete with a bathtub! It's been a while since I've seen one of those. Anyways, that was way cool and then splits began.  














 




THANKS FOR ALL THE EASTER GOODIES!











Splits was honestly a party. Søster Gagon and Søster Jones were the two sisters that we spend the day with. I spent the first half of Wednesday with Søster Jones which was literally awesome. I'll be honest, I was pretty nervous when I got called as a sister training leader STL because at the beginning of my mission I wasn't a very big fan of splits myself and so I was terrified of being that person that everyone dreads coming on splits and stuff but that morning with Søster Jones was a really good experience for us both I believe. She was very kind and told me that she actually really enjoyed being on splits with me because I was just myself and that was so good to hear. We proceeded to have a really good study and morning together and even were able to visit a less active couple and help prepare them to get to the temple one day soon. It was awesome. I really loved it. 
I was truly living the dream, and the dream continues. I spent the next half of Wednesday was Søster Gagon who is just a stellar missionary. I was able to learn so much from her and really enjoyed getting to know her better. It was great. We had a really good day in Bergen with Søster Gagon and Søster Jones and were even privileged enough to see Søster Bennett and Søster Cook who are also serving in Bergen right now. It was a party. Sure enough every good thing must come to an end and as fast as they began splits were over and we were headed back to Tromsø. Six hours plus of travel back home was probably about the only bummer of the whole splits experience, but those doodle books that Søster Etchells and I bought really came in handy. No shame. 

Anyways, that was the beginning of our crazy week and before we knew it, it was Easter Sunday in Tromsø. We were able to spend some good times with the members, the Millers and even got to Skype with the Olsen's. What a treat. We played many a game of good old Wackee Six and I might add, you're talking to the reigning champ right here. All in all it was a pretty event filled weekend I hope you all were able to have a really nice Easter as well. My Monday (today) we figured our busy week was over and that we could start getting back to normal, but boy were we wrong. This past Monday we found out about moves. I was unsure as to whether or not I would be staying in Tromsø for the next seven weeks but Søster Etchells and I figured I probably would. Well let me tell you all that we have a very inspired mission president here in Norway because we found out this morning that I will be moving to Stavanger on Wednesday to be companions with Soster Hutchings from my MTC group. Dreams do come true! Although I really am going to miss Tromsø and the wonderful people here that I have grown to love so much, I'm really excited to be heading to what could be my final area of my mission. I know there is a reason I'm going there and I am so excited to find that out. It's going to be a great next seven weeks. Well, I've got to go run around Tromsø now and say goodbye to all of my friends here and then I have to go and pack and hope I can get all of my bags underweight again. Pray for me! I'm sorry for the lame blog post but I promise to have a nice update next week from Stavanger. I love you all so very much and hope you have such a wonderful week!

Klem,
Søster Blankmeyer 

No comments:

Post a Comment