Alma 29:9
" I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy."

Friday, June 3, 2016

Transfers, transfers, transfers. 

This week was my first transfer week and it's been something else. First off, we were told on Sunday that we would be losing Søster Bender here in Ålesund. We had until Wednesday to go around to everyone she had become friends with during her 6 months here in Ålesund and say goodbye and take pictures. That was quite a hectic couple of days. Somehow, we got through it alive and successfully got her to the airport and on her way to her next area, Moss, Wednesday morning along with our mail keys. That's a funny story...

A few hours later I was able to pick up Søster Ralphs from the airport as she had finished her two week vacation to Tromsø and was now back to finish training me. We have had quite the week as Søster Ralphs has been out on her mission for only 12 weeks and I've been here for 6. Somehow we are surviving and trying to have some fun along the way. 

It's been a pretty slow week as far as missionary work goes so this may be my shortest blog post yet. (I'll try and keep it interesting though for all you readers back home.) 

Once Søster Bender was gone, Søster Ralphs and I basically had to start from ground zero. We tried to set up as many appointments as we could and still ended up having a lot of time left to go and find some new investigators. The sun is finally coming out here in Ålesund and it's starting to feel more and more like summer. Although the weather is getting warmer, the people are still pretty cold (Don't worry, I still love the Norwegian people)! We spent hours and hours this week trying to find people who would be interested in our message and by the end we didn't have much to show for it. It's been a tough week to say the least. 

Sometimes though, when we are having our hardest weeks or we are going through our most challenging trials, we are humbled enough to see the hand of the Lord in our lives. That is something that became really evident this week. I can definitely say I drew closer to my Savior this week as I leaned on him and recognized that I couldn't do any of it without him. There were moments where I just wanted to pick up the phone and call my family or talk to some of my friends back home, but being a missionary that's not allowed and in a way I am grateful for that. Not being able to call my Mom when things get tough is really hard but it gives me the opportunity to rely on the Lord and that is such a blessing. My relationship with my Father in Heaven and my brother, Jesus Christ, has really been able to grow. I have felt their love and concern for me and I have been able to know that I am not alone. 
If they won't let us in we will...

take some pics for mom!





I was reading a recent General Conference talk this week for personal study and it talked about how,"the first thing you must commit to do is to go and serve knowing that you do not go alone." I absolutely love that. I know that I am not alone here in Norway. I have amazing leaders, wonderful companions, and none other than an Almighty God helping me through this work. I would challenge you all to go out and serve someone in need this week and just go the extra mile. 

The week wasn't all hard though and we were able to turn things around for the better. We were able to chase down the mail women and get into our mailbox. We were able to talk to our friend with the boat a few blog posts back. We were even able to talk to multiple Americans this week which is always a sweet surprise. I am so grateful for all the tender mercies we experience during hard times or even during good times. I know the Lord knows us personally and knows what we are going through and what we need. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the opportunity to be here in Norway. I love you all and hope you all have a wonderful week!! Ha det bra! (Literal Translation: Have it good.) 

Love,
Søster Blankmeyer


Ålesunds little lighthouse.


wildflowers

city on the water


No comments:

Post a Comment